About the Journal
Uningá Review is managed by the Open Journal Systems (OJS/PKP) platform. Moreover, it presents stratification B3 by the Qualis/CAPES (2017-2020) and index h5 by Google Scholar - 10 (2022).
It is indexed in databases/directories/catalogues/collection:
- European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH PLUS)
- Research Bible
- Eurasian Scientific Journal Index (ESJI)
- International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR)
- International Innovative Journal Impact Factor (IIJIF)
- Sumários de Revistas Brasileiras (Sumários.org)
- EBSCO host – Fonte Acadêmica
- Google Scholar
- Revistas de Acesso Livre (LivRe)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (ROAD)
- Directory of Academic and Scientific Journals (EuroPub)
- Directory of Research Journal Indexing (DRJI)
- Diretório das revistas científicas eletrônicas brasileiras (Miguilim)
- Open Science
- Zeitschriftendatenbank (ZDB)
- Electronic Journals Library (EZB)
- Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals (MIAR)
- Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE)
- Türk Eğitim Indeksi (Tei)
- Portal de Periódicos da Capes
- Brazilian Open Access Publications and Scientific Data Portal (Oasisbr)
Since January 2020, the periodical has adopted the continuous publication and, in January 2021, the bilingual publication (Portuguese and English). Thus, the works must be written in Portuguese – with adequate vernacular quality. After the review/approval process, the authors must send the English version of the paper reviewed/translated by professionals in the field. The articles submitted in English, after approval, should be reviewed with review certification issued by a professional in the field of Linguistics/English.
FOCUS AND SCOPE
The Uningá Review is dedicated to the multidisciplinary publication of original articles, case reports and literature reviews. Its mission is to disseminate and develop science in the following fields of knowledge:
1st Section: Environment and Agricultural Sciences
Biodiversity, Agronomy, Forestry Resources and Forest Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Fishery Resources and Fisheries Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, Food Science and Technology.
2nd Section: Exact and Earth Sciences, and Engineering
Civil Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Transport Engineering, Mining Engineering, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Marine and Ocean Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering and Statistics, Computer Science, Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry, Geosciences.
3rd Section: Social and Human Sciences
Law, Administration, Tourism, Economics, Architecture and Urbanism, Industrial Design, Urban and Regional Planning, Demography, Information Sciences, Museology, Communication, Social Work, Philosophy, Theology, Sociology, Anthropology, Archeology, History, Geography, Psychology, Education, Political Sciences.
Submissions in the areas of Health and Biological Sciences I, II and III must be sent to Revista Uningá.
POLICY AND GUIDELINES
The papers must be submitted through the Open Journal Systems platform – available on the Uningá website, upon registration of the author.
Once registered, the author(s) can access and submit the text to the Editorial Board for publication. Only one paper at a time must be submitted for publication. The editorial process can be followed by accessing the system, but only by the corresponding author. The entire editorial process is confidential.
The paper submitted in the journal must:
- Be original and unpublished.
- Be written in Portuguese, containing at least 8 pages (maximum 20).
- Have two titles (in Portuguese and in English).
- Have two abstracts (in Portuguese and in English). These abstracts must have 150 up to 250 words. After the abstracts, add the keywords in Portuguese and in English (3 minimum and 5 maximum).
- Be in A4 format edited in .doc or .docx (Word); 1.0 spacing between the lines; 3 centimeter for the margins (top, bottom, right and left); font Arial 12; do not include notes in the text.
- Indicate if the search was financed by any institution.
- Follow the APA (American Psychological Association) standards for citations and references.
- Inform the title of the work; the name(s) of the author(s) and their(s) respective institution(s); e-mails and which one is the corresponding author. All the data about the professor advisor should also be included.
For more information, access the URL to have the Uningá Review's standards: https://uninga.br/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Normas-da-Uningá-Review-Journal.pdf
Following, a instructional video of how to register on OJS: https://uninga.br/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Vídeo-Como-realizar-cadastro-no-OJS.mp4
And a step-by-step of how to submit your manuscript: https://uninga.br/
COPYRIGHT STATEMENT/CONFLICT OF INTEREST
A statement must be attached signed by the corresponding author on behalf of all co-authors at the submission, in an area designated in the system “Copyright/Conflict Interest Statement”.
The statement must:
- Confirm that the manuscript original (unpublished) without fraud and/or plagiarism derivations. If the manuscript is derived from a thesis or dissertation, it must be informed.
- Certify that the manuscript has not been submitted for publication in any other print or electronic media (except those published as preprints).
- Attest that the content of the manuscript is the sole responsibility of all the nominated authors, who assume that they have significantly contributed to the research and intending to provide retractions or corrections if necessary.
- Verify cases of conflict of interest. Whether it occurs or not, they must manifest themselves, because it will be analyzed later on by the Editorial Board.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
The journal embraces the Open Access Policy, in other words, all content is available immediately and free of charge. Besides, users can download, read and distribute the collection freely, the authorization of the authors of the manuscript is not necessary, because this kind of access is in accordance with the users’ rights established in the open access.
The licensing rights used by the periodical is the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license (CC BY 4.0). The authors retain the copyright and full publishing rights without restrictions. It means that the credit is given to the author, however, sharing (copying and distributing the material in any media or format) and adapting, remixing, transforming and creating material from the content are allowed, licensed for any purpose including commercial.
Manuscripts submitted to Uningá Review adopt the full implementation of the Open Access System, in which authors contribute part of the costs of publishing their articles.
It's worth mentioning that the charge is made after the approval of the paper, in order to make it clear that this initiative has no relationship with the evaluation of submissions. In other words, nothing is charged for article submission.
Currently, the publication fee is $30.00 (USD) per approved article (2023).
PEER EVALUATION PROCESS
When received, the manuscript goes to the first evaluation phase called “Desk Review”. In this stage, are observed: framing the scope and merit of the manuscript for publication, if the study fits to the editorial standards of the journal and has no similarity with other studies. In order to avoid plagiarism, the journal makes use of Similarity Check by Crossref. Those papers that do not comply with the criteria will be rejected without peer review.
Manuscripts approved in the first phase are double blind evaluated by two PhDs reviewers in the field of the submitted research. Those professionals can be from national and/or international institutions with proven scientific production.
After due corrections and adjustments to the suggestions, the manuscript will be accepted for publication if it has two favorable opinions and will be rejected when two opinions are unfavorable. In the case of a favorable and an unfavorable opinion, the decision on the publication (or not) of the article will be taken by the Editorial Board.
The journal is committed at all stages of the editorial process to ensure the integrity of the research, and suspected cases of misconduct will be investigated. If necessary, retractions, clarifications or corrections will be published.
In the face of any observation of misconduct, the manuscript's editorial process will be interrupted and everyone involved will be informed. If there is no misconduct, the editorial process is resumed. Otherwise, the Journal can operate, for authors: archiving the manuscript; not accepting new submissions by the involved authors; for the reviewers: removing from the Journal's editorial board; for the editor: dismissing his/hers obligations.
ETHICS IN PUBLICATIONS
Uningá Review follows the principles and standards recommended by the COPE (Committee on Public Ethics) for integrity in scientific publications, in accordance with https://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf.
The submitted manuscript that involves human beings, directly or indirectly, must be approved by the Research Ethics Service (RES), as defined in Resolution 466/2012. Manuscripts whose project uses secondary data, sociological, anthropological, epidemiological research, as well as those involving only medical records review, are included.
The submitted manuscript involving the handling of animals must be approved by the Animal Ethics Committees (AEC).
It is mandatory the attachment of the supporting document when submitting in the designated area “Ethical Aspects”.
In accordance with COPE, the periodical adopted a tool anti-plagiarism powered by iThenticate, which was found to be one of the most complete and respected programs. The Similarity Check by Crossref provides help to detect identical writing with other articles already published, in order to avoid cases of copy.
When the journal receives a submission, during the Desk Review process, the editorial staff makes use of the software. It gives a percentual number, that can vary between 0% and 100%. Depending on the score, the Editorial Board can reject the article with no further consideration.
PROMOTING YOUR ARTICLE
Authors can contribute to the dissemination of their article and ensure that it has greater visibility and citations.
Uningá Review uses social media to promote articles. For this, after approval of the manuscript, authors are invited to share their account names in different media, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Upon publication of the article (held on the URJ - OJS website), the disclosure is carried out in the media of Editora Uningá (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn).
This work is licensed by Creative Commons - Atribuição 4.0 Internacional License.